Sunday 23 July 2017

Crib tutorial..

Here's a quick tutorial for the crib from Fridays post 😊
You will need a piece of card stock measuring  14.85cm x 29.7cm. I used the hardwood stamp from Stampin Up  to create a wood effect on the card before cutting 😊
I then die cut 2 of the crate pieces from the Wood crate framlits set also from Stampin Up.  I then cut the top slat and save it for later.
Then I cut just 2 end pieces from the remaining card stock and 4 of the plain banners from the banner duo punch from Stampin Up.  .
I also cut a strip of the card to 1cm x 10cm. I  then stuck the 2 slats that I saved on to the inside portion of the top slat on each crate pieces.  Then I stuck the box together as per the instructions on the packet. Then I stuck one the end panels I cut separately to the inside of one end on the other end I cut a small strip of the left over card to create the mobile. I then attached that to the end of the box and covered it with the other end piece.  

The rockers are made by sticking 2 of the banners together  and using a craft knife I cut a 1cm slit in the middle of each .I attached these to the ends of the crate using small scraps of card folded at right angles and glued on one side to the banner parts.
Then I threaded the single stop of card measuring 1cm d 10cm through the slits and folded and glued the outside ends.
To create the bedding I cut a strip of pattern paper that measures 11cm d 6cm. Scored each side at 1cm. Then I cut the paper at 8cm and scored the larger piece at 1cm on th unscored edge. I then folded the ends at one end to create a soft of box. 
On the larger piece I turned the open end score so that it created turned down effect for the cover. I folder the pillow the opposite way so that the bedding looked dimensional. 
The baby is stamped and coloured then fussy cut out from the Moon baby stamp set from Stampin Up. 
Snuggle the baby under the covers and your crib is ready 
I hope this all makes sense and helps you to create a crib of your own 😊 if you need any help just ask 
Have fun Cary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment